Location: Morristown, New Jersey
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: 17988954
Atlantic Health System is Seeking a Advanced Practice Provider for a Great Opportunity in Northern New Jersey
Atlantic Health System, one of New Jersey's largest non-profit healthcare networks, is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider to join the Trauma and Acute Care Center. Morristown Medical Center's Luciano Family Trauma and Acute Care Center is verified as a Level I Regional Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons and designated a Level II by the state of New Jersey. This is an outstanding position for career growth as the ideal candidate will be given plenty of hands-on opportunities to further develop current skills in a highly collegial and multidisciplinary team environment.
Morristown Medical Center has been ranked the number one hospital in New Jersey for the fifth consecutive year by U.S. News & World Report in its 2022-2023 Best Hospital rankings. The medical center was also ranked the number nine hospital in the New York Metro area.
The primary role of the Advanced Practice Provider is to provide clinical management for critically ill complex neuro patients utilizing evidence-based clinical practice standards under the supervision of the Neuro ICU supervising physician and attending backup ICU physicians. The APP will also be expected to assist with emergency management of neuro patients outside of ICU and respond to inpatient code strokes. A 24-hour coverage will be divided amongst multiple nurse practitioners.
- Obtain health histories and complete neuro and physical examinations. Document pertinent findings. Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests. Explain the necessity and nature of anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, families, healthcare team members, and students.
- Formulate and implement a treatment plan in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Assess the patient for change in status and institute appropriate interventions to stabilize the patient.
- Provide family-centered care by communicating with the family regarding the changing health care needs of the patient.
- Support IRB-approved clinical research /trials through a variety of activities.
- Perform and participate in quality performance improvement activities and clinical research.
- Serve as a clinical expert and leadership consultant to nursing, healthcare team members, and the larger community.
- Master's degree required
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in New Jersey
- ACLS and BLS required
- Experience in Oncology as an RN or APC strongly preferred
- Knowledge in Chemotherapy
- Strong work ethic and a team player who can work independently
- Must have excellent communication and computer skills
- Competitive salary
- Robust benefits with health, dental, Rx and vision plans
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Comprehensive Malpractice Policy
- Non-Profit Health System a eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- $2500 for Annual CME and Time Off incremental to PTO days
- Tuition reimbursement for Advanced Degrees
- Voted aGreat Place to Work aa 14 years strong!
- Outstanding growth & mentorship opportunities
To learn more about this position and other opportunities with Atlantic Health System, please email your CV to Genesis Ochoa, Physician & Advanced Practice Recruiter at Genesis.Ochoa@atlantichealth.org
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's aTop 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work Fora list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Morristown Medical Center is rated the number one hospital in New Jersey by U.S. News & World Report for four years in a row, Morristown Medical Center is a nationally-recognized leader in cardiology and heart surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, geriatrics, gastroenterology and GI surgery, pulmonology and lung surgery, and urology. We are the only hospital in New Jersey named one of America's a50 Best Hospitals' for seven consecutive years by Healthgrades and one of the World's Best Hospitals (the 46th best hospital in the United States and number one in NJ) by Newsweek. We were also ranked the top hospital with more than 350 beds in New Jersey by Castle Connolly. We were included on Becker's Healthcare 2020 list of a100 Great Hospitals in America.a In addition, Leapfrog recognized us with an aAa hospital safety grade a its highest a thirteen consecutive times, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services awarded us again with its highest five-star rating in 2020.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.