Physical Therapist Inpatient Part-Time Days – AdventHealth South Overland Park
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: PT Days
8:00am-4:30pm Tuesday and Wednesday
One Weekend Day/Month
Can also pick up shifts at Main Campus (Shawnee Mission)
Location: AdventHealth South Overland Park
7820 W 165TH ST, Overland Park, 66223
The community you’ll be caring for:
When you need care, you don’t want to have to travel far. Our dedicated, expert team at AdventHealth South Overland Park, formerly Shawnee Mission Health – Overland Park, provides excellent care to communities of southeastern Johnson County, with 24/7 emergency room services, an advanced imaging center, physical therapy and more.
The role you’ll contribute:
Evaluates, plans and administers appropriate techniques of treatment as prescribed by a physician. Administers patient treatments in a professional manner and within hospital standards. Completes timely and thorough documentation. Works directly with physicians, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Exercise Technicians, Rehabilitation office staff, Rehabilitation IA and Rehabilitation Technicians. Exemplifies customer service.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Maintains a professional team relationship with co-workers by being considerate of workloads, assisting with duties, and being supportive toward their continued growth.
• Punctual with returning pages and phone calls, and for scheduled work hours, meetings, and patient treatment.
• Maintains a good attendance record.
• Communicates honestly and confronts issues and problems in a private setting.
• Respects each discipline’s expertise and knowledge; doesn’t question someone’s expertise in front of the patient/family.
• Consults with physicians regarding diagnostic results, if appropriate.
• Delegates and supervises appropriate patient care duties performed by Physical Therapist Assistants, Athletic Trainers, and Rehabilitation Technicians/Exercise Technicians.
• Obtains physician’s written prescription and approval for treatment changes, as appropriate.
• Projects a positive image through high professional standards of conduct and appearance.
• Promotes the dignity of our customers by maintaining patient privacy.
• Maintains confidentiality of customers and other associates.
• Adheres to hospital and department policies.
• Utilizes modalities/procedures with knowledge of contraindications related to age and diagnosis.
• Utilizes computer access confidentially, appropriately and following HIPAA guidelines, including appropriate use of social media.
• Completes all documentation in accordance with department practice, policy, and procedure.
• Provides complete patient care from initial evaluation through discharge with instruction for post discharge care in accordance with department, practice, policies, and procedures.
• Responsible to educate patients and/or their families in self-care, prevention, body mechanics, life style adaptation, posture, and ergonomics as appropriate.
• Develops and implements treatment using appropriate techniques within physician’s prescription, obtaining approval for changes, when required.
• Completes evaluation/progress/discharge notes in a timely fashion and within departmental guidelines.
• Sends timely consult and progress letters to the referring physician.
• Reviews and revises treatment programs as indicated.
• Provides quality patient care skills/procedures in a manner that takes into account the special needs of the patient, e.g., age, culture, learning ability, etc.
• Starts patient care on time.
• Demonstrates the initiative to learn and applies new processes and procedures by attending inservices, pertinent continuing education seminars, and reading professional journals.
• Provides educational inservices to the clinical staff after attendance at department seminars/workshops.
• Exemplifies customer service.
• Participates constructively in department inservices, meetings, and activities.
• Takes initiative to complete mandatory job requirements; assumes responsibility for role in Associate Achievement Review.
• Discontinues treatment when functional goals are met and notifies referring physician.
• Reports any equipment or maintenance problems to Facilities Management/Biomed, Rehab Coordinator, or Department Director.
• Obtains appropriate referrals/authorizations to assist the patient and secures reimbursement.
• Charges for patient treatment and supplies in an equitable and timely manner.
• Maintains department standards for productivity.
• Positively impacts clinical, economic and customer satisfaction outcomes.
• Assists the patients to maximize their available resources, e.g., insurance coverage, supply and equipment resources.
• Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• No Previous Experience is Required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Master’s Degree
• Doctor of Physical Therapy
• 2 to 5 Years of Position Related-Experience
• Kansas Physical Therapist License
• BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.