Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Admin / Clerical
Community Rehabilitation Hospital West
Community Health Network and Lifepoint Rehabilitation (formerly Kindred) have broken ground on the third inpatient rehabilitation hospital in the Indianapolis area, at 8920 E 56th Street in Brownsburg, IN.
This 40-bed, 50,000-square-foot, two-story facility, to be called Community Rehabilitation Hospital West, will focus on acute rehabilitation for patients who suffer from stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex neurological disorders, orthopedic conditions, multiple traumas, amputation and other injuries or disorders. Large multidisciplinary therapy gymnasiums will be outfitted with the latest therapeutic technologies, including augmented reality balance training, therapy bionics and a full body exoskeleton. The 40-bed hospital will also include a therapeutic courtyard with exterior amenities to support patient care and help return the patient back to daily living activities.
The hospital expects to employ approximately 170 and accept its first patient in the first quarter of 2023.
Community and Lifepoint operate Community Rehabilitation Hospital North in Northeast Indianapolis, which opened in June 2013, and Community Rehabilitation Hospital South in Greenwood, a suburb of Indianapolis, which opened in August 2018.
This third hospital will help address the growing need for inpatient rehabilitation services in the Indianapolis area.
Responsible for planning, developing and maintaining the Health Information Department of the hospital in accordance with state and federal guidelines, accreditation standards as well as hospital policies and procedures. This is not a people manager position but instead manages the HIM function and requires being onsite at the hospital.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient care information to ensure patient rights are protected.
- Assist in planning, organizing, directing and maintaining the Health Information Department in accordance with established policies, procedures, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards (i.e. HIPAA, TJC, and CARF).
- Assist in establishing and maintaining procedures for the collection, abstracting, filing and retrieval of medical records.
- Assist staff physicians in use of electronic medical record.
- Work with staff physicians in getting records completed within the required timeframe.
- Serve as a resource for hospital leadership and other staff regarding health information issues, rules and regulations and accreditation standards (i.e. HIPAA, TJC).
- Review policies and procedures as required by administration and participate in making recommended changes.
- Supervise other HIM employees which include initial and on-going training in HIM functions. (if applicable)
- Guide clinical staff in keeping any paper-based records neat and orderly during the patient's hospitalization.
- Coordinate the scanning and shredding of PHI from patient records.
- At discharge, process records within required timeframes: assembly, analysis and abstracting.
- Review and process requests for patient information within required timeframe and serve as resource for other staff who may be involved in requests after regular business hours.
- Prepare and present quarterly HIM report to Quality Committee.
- Coordiante activities of the Record Compliance Review process including preparation/presentation of summary reports and follow-up.
- Develop and maintain good rapport with interdisciplinary team members to help ensure that medical records are properly maintained and problem areas identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Maintain a neat and orderly HIM Department.
- Performs other related duties and activities as directed and assigned by supervisor or HIM support center staff.
- Participates in the overall quality assessment and improvement program activities.
- Participates in continuing education classes and training programs.
- Prepare records and reports for committee review as required.
- Assist in presentations during orientation and periodic staff training dealing with Health Information topics.
- Ensure supplies have been replenished in work areas as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RHIT (or eligible) or RHIA (or eligible) or Coding Certification by AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association).
- Prefer two+ (2) years of experience in health information leadership in a health-related facility preferably a hospital setting.